Editorial board of the Springer UAIS journal of Universal Access in the Information Society, JAT Journal of Audiovisual Translation, IJMTS, International Journal of Media & Translation Studies
Review editor for JosTrans http://www.jostrans.org/ until 2014
Peer reviewer in academic journals: New Voices, Babel, Meta, JosTrans, Target, Perspectives, MONTI, The Interpreter and Translator Trainer ITT, Quaderns del CAC, CETRA papers
Peer reviewer in academic publishing houses: Benjamins, Continuum, Routledge, Edwin Mellor, Palgrave Macmillan, and Peter Lang.
Special Issues Guest Editor in Academic Journals
8. G.M. Greco and Pilar Orero (2019) The Social Value of European Research on Media Accessibility Euroscientist
7. Pradipta Biswas, Pilar Orero, Andreas Reiner Special Issue on Intelligent Interaction Design
AIEDAM Special Issue, Volume 33, Number 4, Fall 2019
6. Anna Matamala and Pilar Orero (2017) Audio Description and Social Acceptability
Rivista internazionale di tecnica della traduzione RIIT 19
5. Javier Franco, Sara Rovira-Esteva and Pilar Orero Bibliometric and bibliographical research in Translation Studies, Perspectives 23 (2)
4. Rosa Agost, Elena di Giovanni & Pilar Orero (2012) MONTI 4
3. Anna Matamala & Pilar Orero (2013) Perspectives. Audiovisual Translation Merging Modalities.
2. Jan Lois Kruger & Pilar Orero, Guest Editors for Perspectives 18 (3)
1. Pilar Orero, guest editor for TRANS 2007
Member of committee AEN/CTN 139/SC8
Member of Working Group ITU AVA
Member of the Working Group ISO/IEC JTC1/SC35/WG 6
Member of Working Group ISO/TC 173 WG 10
Member of committee AEN/CTN 135
Member of committee AEN/CTN 153 GT 1
Member of committee CTN 170/GT 3
Work for UN agency ITU
- ITU-T F.791 (11/2015) Accessibility terms and definitions This is the first consented UN stand alone recomnedation giving the correct definitons based on the UNCRD with consultation with persons with disabilites to be used by standard writers and others to used in all respective documents in English.
- FSTP-ACC-RemPart – Guidelines for supporting remote participation in meetings for all This is the first approved UN standalone technical paper giving instructions on how to organize and run an accessible remote participation meetings to include persons with disabilites taking into account both the accessible and in accessible aspects of the existing remote participation tools.
- FSTP-AM – Guidelines for accessible meetings This is the first approved UN standalone technical paper giving instructions on how to organize and run an accessible meetings to include persons with disabilites.
· 2016 Expert to the Rapporteurs Group on Q7/1