Our research group in the Department of Chemistry of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is led by two full professors (Prof. Adelina Vallribera and Prof. Roser Pleixats) and a senior researcher and group leader (Dr. Carolina Gimbert).
- Organofluorine chemistry
- Fluorinated drugs for medicinal chemistry
- Materials chemistry (organogels, coatings, surface-modification, hydrophobicity, mesoporous organosilica nanoparticles for catalysis and biomedical applications, metal nanoparticles soluble in organic or aqueous media for catalysis, organic semiconductor materials including covalent organic frameworks (COFs) and conjugated microporous polymers (CMP))
- Hipervalent iodine reagents
- Enantioselective catalysis and organocatalysis
- Recyclable catalysts: metal nanoparticles embedded in aerogels and in hybrid organic-inorganic silica materials; water-soluble metal nanoparticles; silica-supported catalysts prepared by sol-gel methodologies.
- Artificial Photosynthesis