Bachelor’s Degree in East Asian Studies
The UAB’s Faculty of Translation and Interpreting is a pioneering centre in East Asian studies and research, one of the first centres to offer this degree in Spain and the only centre of this kind in Catalonia.
The Bachelor’s Degree in East Asian Studies is the only degree course that includes Chinese, Japanese and Korean language courses, subjects taught in English and three different specialisations. The programme fosters a global vision, in keeping with the notion that interculturality and language learning are fundamental to the educational needs of future professionals:
- With curricular work placements in local companies and companies in Asia, public and private institutions, official foundations and non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations.
- With the largest number of student exchange and mobility agreements reached with the main universities of China, Japan and South Korea, and with prestigious European academic centres.
- With a large lecturing team made up of expert professionals and native language teachers, with an elevated number of foreign students and exceptional facilities.
- In close collaboration with official institutions such as the Confucius Institute Foundation in Barcelona (China), the Japan Foundation (Japan) and the King Sejong Institute Foundation (South Korea).
- With excellent interdisciplinary academic training, strongly focused on meeting the demands of the national, European and international markets